So, we took this opportunity to tell our friends about the baby.
(Hi friends who have just recently been directed blogward!)
My email (I admit, I stole the idea from Dennis):
Subject: April Fool's - 2 truths and a lie
Just for fun... spot the lie:
* In March, I finally became a Platinum frequent flyer.
* In June, I'll be spending 3 weeks in Italy.
* In October, there will be three people living in my house.
Pretty obvious, eh? Nearly everyone (OK, everyone except Dan Reed!) figured out the October entry was a truth, but they were torn on which of the first two was the lie. A couple of people were not clear that it was a pregnancy announcement, though. (Did they think we were taking in an exchange student or something? I don't know.)
Dennis's approach was a bit more personalized.
For one friend (who is expecting in August - Hi Kelly!), he sent an invitation for a November playdate. For another friend (Hi Other Kelly!), he found an email from July 2007 in which she bragged about having more nieces than Dennis had - he replied saying he had a trump card that made him the winner in the baby department. For his guy friends, he flat out emailed and said, "We're pregnant." and waited for them to question him about the truth of his statement on account of today's date (so far, only one has).
Finally, he did send one note to a colleague:
Subject: April Fool's Day Joke(The false statement is "Hope this counts." - HA!)
Hello,
So as to not disappoint:
One, and only one, of the statements in this e-mail is false.
In the past five months every vehicle I own has been on fire.
My wife is pregnant, due in mid October.
I took a picture of a friend of mine standing on the wing of a B-25 bomber at 9000ft above sea level, no parachute or cables.
I know how to Swing Dance.
Hope this counts.
Dennis
Anyway. Now the friends know. And it is a relief!
No comments:
Post a Comment