My parents came up a couple of weeks ago to help with some stuff around the house (no pregnant ladies painting in the unventilated basement!), and Toots (we think it's back to "Toots" now) couldn't resist buying *something* for the babe. She picked up two gender-neutral pajama/onesie thingies (long sleeves and footies in size 3 months) and some wrist and foot rattles. The outfits are soooo cute and soooo soft! They seem so big, though!On Saturday (4/19), we threw a "HouseCool(ey)ing Party" - you know, like a housewarming party, only it's for Cooleys who are moving OUT. One of Dennis's coworkers brought his babies, ages 18 months and 3 months. Both were adorable, and the 3 month old was HUGE! She's over 15 pounds and has already doubled her birthweight. I mentioned this to Dennis, who said, "What?! That baby was LITTLE! Like, crazy tiny!" He seemed very taken aback when I told him our baby would probably weigh half that much when s/he is born. (Hey - a girl can dream, right? In my fantasy world, there are no 10 pound newborns.)
The next day (4/20), we went to Ruby & Bud's and found out that Mary and Bob are also expecting (due 12/10). Baby Cooley now has some company in the ultrasound section of the wall-o-family-photos.
Finally, just for grins, I'm including an updated belly pic. I truly expected there to be a much more obvious difference, since I am exclusively in maternity jeans now. Depending on the day, the scale says I have gained somewhere between 0 and 2 pounds. Given that the baby weighs about 2 ounces (and is approximately 4.5" long, head-to-rump), I'm going to call that good. I'm not really watching what I eat, but some foods (sadly, including ice cream) are still making me somewhat sick, and my appetite is not very big. I'm somewhat relieved; I always feared I'd be one of those women who gains 65 pounds during a pregnancy.
So, that's the update so far. On Thursday, I go for bloodwork for some screenings, and then have the next appointment and the BIG ultrasound on May 12. I promise to update then, if not before.
1 comment:
I gained all the "extra" weight in the last few weeks (which is also when I got stretch marks -- I had thought I was home free). But I had to eat a lot of desserts to get there.
I was also surprised how long it took for me to be showing enough that other people would know I was pregnant and not just hitting the Ben & Jerry's a little too hard.
Sickness does not necessarily end at the end of the first tri, unfortunately. It can go on for the duration (which is fortunately rare). For me, it went on through the fourth month, and I had my only vomiting episodes at the end of the first tri/beginning of the second. Fear not, it should clear up soon!
Post a Comment