Tuesday, September 30, 2008

95% ready

Well, I think we're *almost* ready (stuff-wise, anyway).

Dennis set up the Pack-N-Play on Sunday night. Get this - it turns out it coordinates nicely with our bedroom decor! That's a fortunate accident, as we just got that pattern because it was on sale. I'm not sure if that means our PNP is sophisticated or that our bedroom is infantile. Oh well.

Dennis being Dennis, he couldn't just leave it at that. He had to cut a baby out of the cardboard packaging and put him in there. Naturally, this cracked me up. Cardboard Baby's name is "Demonjello," which is apparently what Dennis has been telling people when they ask what BBC's name will be. (Freakonomics readers will get the reference.) And yes, Demonjello is anatomically correct. 10 fingers and 10 toes. (What did you think I was referring to?) He's also crying, which I think is an unfortunate way to create a cardboard baby.



Then, on Monday night, we got the carseat bases installed in both cars.



I think that makes us officially ready, since we have everything we need in-place for Day 1. We still need to wrap up some final shopping (mattress pads, maybe some more bottles, stroller, diaper bag, changing pad covers, etc).

I also need to put the finishing touches on the nursery, which I have been diligently working on just about every day. It's *almost* done. I ended up doing 23 squares (plus 10 numbers and 22 letters so far). Hard to believe that's basically taken a month to complete. Hopefully I can track down those last 4 letters (N, R, T, and W, for those keeping track) and get them painted and on the wall. Then I can clean up and put the furniture back where it belongs.

Only 7 days (at most) until BBC makes his grand entrance, so believe me when I say I am doing everything I can to get that nursery DONE as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Tink1272 said...

That is the greatest cardboard baby ever! (it totally made me laugh) I am so excited for you!

The Quarke Family said...

Demonjello does have a certain je ne sais quoi.

Wifezzilla said...

The flat baby is hilarious. Little Dobby will be so happy in there!