Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More showers!

Our friends' generosity continues to astound us. We had three showers in four days last week!

Dennis's office threw a "Beer for Babies" happy hour/diaper drive for us last Wednesday! How awesome is that?!

We now have close to 700 disposable diapers in various brands and sizes! Some of his colleagues couldn't resist throwing in some cute baby clothes, too, so we also got to add to our collection of sweet, soft, adorable onesies and footie pajamas. Other fabulous gifts included an organic nursery cleaner and some of Boudreaux's Butt Cream. And the happy hour part was fun, too, even if I did just drink water.

Then, on Friday, my colleagues had a surprise baby shower in the office. Spearheaded by my fabulous friend Derrick, the shower was a great success! We got the fancy baby bathtub I had really been wishing for (it has a temp sensor and keeps clean, warm water circulating through the tub - so cool!), plus crib bedding (prior to that, we had none!), our diaper pail, a bunch of bottles and associated supplies, a "piddle pad" to help poop-proof the carseat, and a super soft blanket that I was really hoping we'd get, since I couldn't really justify buying it ourselves.

And if all of that weren't enough, our friend and former neighbor Sue B. had us over for dinner and a surprise "freezer meals" shower on Saturday! Boy, is this among the most brilliant ideas in the universe. We definitely weren't going to have time to pre-prepare meals, yet now we have a freezer full of frozen lasagnas, a homemade frozen pizza, peppercorn chicken, and ziti with italian meatballs!
Even our stereotypical bachelor friend & former neighbor Denny got in on the action with a gift certificate to the local pizza joint. Everyone tells me that having food handy will be a lifesaver after the baby gets here. And let me just say I truly believe them!

No comments: