On the telling part, that is. As I posted below, Dennis told his boss. Before that, I had told my internet friends (2 of whom I also know in real life). I told my friend Lois the day before we left for India - mostly because I couldn't stand it but also because I wanted someone at work to know why I was SO distracted.
In India, we told Jai and Nathan, 2 of my coworkers. The goal was to prevent Jai from feeding us any foods that would be dangerous for the baby. But it turns out Jai has no idea what is or isn't dangerous for a baby, so I don't know why we thought telling would help. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Nathan mostly figured it out, but I did confirm it for him. Nathan will be able to keep his mouth shut at work; I hope Jai will also be able to. He won't intentionally tell, but he might slip.
Now that I'm feeling sick, I have a strong desire to talk to my mom and ask her about her own pregnancies. The current plan is to tell her on her birthday (March 12, next Wednesday). We'll be almost 10 weeks by then, which is awfully close to 12 weeks. I had hoped to wait a little longer, but I don't think we can.
Dennis also wants to tell his parents sooner rather than later, mostly so his father can make an informed decision about whether to go elk hunting right around our due date.
So, looks like we're telling people! I'm almost relieved we're going to stop lying to ourselves about our ability to keep things quiet. I do wish we could squeeze in another ultrasound before we tell, just to verify that everything is OK. But that really isn't going to happen. C'est la vie!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment