Friday, March 7, 2008

Ugh.

9 weeks down, 31 to go.

I feel disgusting. I suppose this is standard morning sickness, although it's an odd coincidence that it didn't show up until after I got food poisoning in a third world country.

Anyway, nothing really looks good (actually, a lot of things LOOK good, but then I envision finding pieces of rice or cheese or peppers or ground meat in my nose after a vomiting session, and then it isn't so appealing).

Things taste funny.

Everything smells funny (and usually bad).

I feel nauseated all the time. (morning sickness? H. pylori? residual food poisoning from #$%^&$# India?)

I'm always burping or feeling like I need to burp.

I'm sleepy and exhausted (pregnancy? jet lag? both? Lack of sufficient caloric intake?).

I'm still 10 pounds lighter than when we left for India 17 days ago. It isn't pretty. (actually, I'm wearing my old skinny jeans, which is kindof cool, but I think I have some belly bloat (uterus the size of a grapefruit? swollen, gas-filled intestines? regular gastric bloat? Who knows?!), so the waist is feeling a bit snug.)

I don't know whether to hope this is normal or not. If it's normal, I suppose that's better for the baby. If it's NOT normal, then maybe it's something that can be fixed and I could feel better. Still, if it is standard first trimester stuff, then the upside is that the first tri will be over in 3-4 weeks. That's not so long, I guess.

No comments: