Saturday, May 10, 2008

Movement

I'm not 100% convinced, but I swear I felt this baby move last Sunday (at 17w2d) and then again yesterday (18w0d). Tough to describe, except that it didn't feel like gas. It was irregular and certainly internal, right around the midline, which might be the right place for baby feet. (I think s/he likes to hang out mostly on the right side.)

Ever since, I've been drinking juice and eating sugary things in an effort to feel it again. So far, no luck. We tried for Dennis to feel it (me lying on my stomach with his hand over my belly), but the baby still doesn't move on command.

As Dennis says, in just a few weeks, I'll be cursing the day I wished for movement. :)


Other miscellany...
  • In further elaboration of the previous post's topic, I tried to wash my hands with lotion this morning. That didn't work so well.
  • In maternity clothes news, I got 2 bins of clothes from my friend Danielle L. She seriously saved my butt for a business trip this week, and, if I'm creative, I may not need to buy any more maternity clothes for the rest of this pregnancy. I am very excited.
  • 2 more days until the BIG ultrasound and another doctor's appointment. Questions this time around (aside from ultrasound results, of course) will mostly be about recommendations for what I should/shouldn't do with respect to the move (lifting, cleaning, painting, etc.).
Can't believe we're almost halfway through! I hope October doesn't sneak up on us too quickly.

1 comment:

Wifezzilla said...

Congrats, this is so exciting! Either announcement would have been really exciting though, but it's so exciting to KNOW!