Monday, May 12, 2008

There's a penis in my uterus!

It's attached to a perfectly healthy baby boy!

He was pretty good for his first major photo session. Wiggled a little, showed off all of his perfectly-formed organs and limbs, and even eventually gave us a look at his peepee.

I've included all 12 photos here. Our favorites are immediately below.

The Scream
We were cracking up at this one! Does he not look like he is squinching up his face and screaming bloody murder? I'm glad we can laugh about it now. Frankly, it frightens me.


Baby Toes!
Apparently, Baby Boy Cooley's foot is 2.94cm long. According to the ultrasound technician, that is big. Yep. Must be our kid!


Giant Scrotum
That's it on the left, under the "baby boy" text. Apparently, this is the textbook "turtle" side view. The technician had to look around a bit to see. At one point, we thought we saw 3 lines (telltale sign of a girl), and then all of a sudden, she blurted, "That's a package!" and showed us the goods. She seemed very confident.


I have no idea what to do with a boy, but I guess I'll be figuring it out!



(As always, click the photo to see a larger version.)

4 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you two!

Miss Haps said...

Yay for healthy baby boy Cooley! ~Varuna

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I told Andy it was a boy. His response was, "Huh? She can't have had the baby yet!"

I should remember not to tell him anything that requires more than one brain cell before 10:00 am.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you're having a boy -- selfishly, because it seems like everyone I know has had a girl and I wanted a girl and got a boy (don't tell Casey!). The good news is that they don't turn into boys for a while. Right now he's just a little gender neutral small human. And since I'm a year ahead, I can tell you how to cope when he starts wanting to play with guns and thinks girls are icky. :)