For your amusement, here is a belly picture from 4 days ago. The first one in the new house. (Yes, the paint color is similar. But note the modern wall texture. ooooooh. aaaaaaaaah.)
If anything, I feel even more giant now than then. Interestingly, the pregnancy books say "For your trip home from the hospital, bring clothes that fit you when you were about six months pregnant." Yep, that's now. Hard to believe that in 3 short months this will be the small version of me.
BBC still seems fine. Yesterday, he did what seemed like a full 360-degree somersault in there. Surprised me quite a bit, to be sure. I think he scared himself, too, because he was crazy still for a few hours afterward. He's been wiggling and stretching with his usual regularity since then, though, so I guess he's OK. I think I'll miss him when he's not keeping me company with his squirminess anymore.
Next up: glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes on Friday, July 11. Here's hoping that goes well. I don't know what I'd do if I had to eliminate carbs from my diet for the next 3 months. I'm already off of dairy (baby doesn't like it), lunchmeat (listeria is bad for baby), booze (sigh), sushi, some fish, and just about anything with a ton of fiber (beans and broccoli are a rarity; progesterone = slow digestion = stomach blows up like a balloon, and there's not much room for that anymore). I'm basically down to juice, water, carbs, and junk food. If we had to take out the carbs, I'd be down to water, beef, and chicken.
So, here's to not having gestational diabetes!
2 comments:
You have really popped!!
how adorable! you look good, so does the house!
Post a Comment