
So, I had a "last hurrah" girls' outing last weekend. (The "OMGWTFBBQ" - I'm sure in a few years, we'll look back and think "That is SO 2008!")
Despite my gigantic belly, I made the 2+ hour trek with my friend Sarah to a cabin at a golf resort, where 3 other friends (Jadie, Ali, and Kim) were meeting us.

I had fun watching them drink (the food was pretty good, too), and then they surprised me with a shower! They even put the gifts IN the shower, those jokesters.
I had a great time, and BBC got some really great gifts!

Jadie gave us a swaddling blanket (super cute pattern) and a rattle that Dennis didn't want to put down. Kim gave us a t-shirt on which a circus genie predicted BBC would become a Donut Tycoon (sounds good to me), and an adorable homemade octopus guy. (There were also chocolate-covered cherries for me; they were long gone by the time I took this picture.) Ali gave us a super-soft blanket that will be perfect for tummy time and the requisite copy of
Goodnight Moon, which we did not yet have. Sarah gave us that awesome outfit with the puppies. A onesie WITH pants (it'll be cold by the time BBC fits into it - he'll be glad to have pants), and it's all organic!
I think BBC has enough outfits now that I need to go buy him some hangers. Then he can have something besides baby wipes in his closet. :)
I'll try to take a more official belly picture this weekend, so we might have one more update before the next doctor's appointment (August 4), at which time I will still probably not have all that much to report.
1 comment:
whoa, lady! i got nothing to say except i wanted to say hi and you look great!
-nwp
Post a Comment