Well, we're now about a week into the third trimester. Like clockwork, I suddenly feel huge, have backaches and heartburn, have to pee all the time, and am getting poked in the lungs with some regularity.

The photo on the right was taken a few days ago at 27w1d. Hard to believe BBC will still gain another 5-7 pounds himself. I'm carrying around a lot of extra fluid (all in the ankles - it's lovely), and my "moving diet" of pizza hasn't helped much at all. I'm trying to reign it in a little bit for the last 3 months. The fact that my stomach is progressively being compressed to the size of a walnut should help some. (Or not. So far, it just means I eat less quantity but more often.)

In other news, BBC finally has a crib! Our first major purchase. In fact, it's our only purchase so far besides a book. It's the Graco "Lauren" crib in espresso. Dennis even set it up, and it looks pretty darned good. (I did not help, though I intended to.) Looks like it will go right between the windows in the nursery. If it's too cold over there in the winter, we'll move the crib to the interior wall. (Hopefully our upgraded, energy-efficient windows and insulating roman shades will help take care of that.)
It does not have a matching dresser, which is fine, because I think nursery dressers are pretty lame. We're looking for an inexpensive adult-sized 6-drawer dresser to coordinate. The plan is for it to double as a changing table for the ridiculously short time that our genius child will be in diapers. ;)
No news from the doctor's office yet on the gestational diabetes test results. But ALL of our remaining prenatal appointments are scheduled! That sortof implies we're kindof close to the end. Have I mentioned that we're not ready?! I mean, we have a crib now, which is great and all. And 3072 baby wipes. And one tiny diaper. And 3 bottles. He has a few sleepers, 2 blankets, one towel, and 4 washcloths. He does not have a carseat. Or sheets for his new bed. Or more than two days' worth of clothes. Or a sink in his bathroom. :)
3 more months, though, should be plenty of time to get our act together, right?
1 comment:
I love that crib!! 3 months is plenty of time to get your act together ;)
Post a Comment