Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of our family and friends, I'm feeling much better about our preparedness level. (We'll drop to DEFCON 2. I'd say we were at DEFCON 4 before.) There are a few "must haves" that we still need (namely, a car seat), but that's something we can run out and get at the last minute if necessary. I feel so much better just needing a few things instead of feeling like we still need nearly everything.
We also recently got boxes from my friend Raechel and my friend Sandi. Raechel went with a firefighting theme. All of those little toys were inside the fire truck. Dennis had the greatest time pulling them all out. It was like a little fire truck toy clown car! And Sandi's stuff was too cute, too! I am desperately seeking an occasion for BBC to wear that beautiful embroidered shorts outfit. It's a 12m size, though, so it might be a few months, even for the ginormous baby we are anticipating.
Between the gifts and the (relatively few) purchases we've made ourselves, BBC now has:
- 1 awesome crib with mattress (and one crib sheet)
- 1 fabulous dresser
- 1 bookcase
- 1 beautifully recovered glider
- 1 pack-n-play
- 1 boppy pillow
- 7 size 0-6m infant gowns
- 7 caps
- 10 pair size 0-3m socks
- 8 pair size 0-9m socks
- 2 pair size 6-12m socks
- 1 pair of baby legs
- 1 pair newborn size slippers
- 3 pair of baby shoes
- 3 burp cloths
- 12 blankets (flannel, floor, receiving, swaddling, etc.)
- 2 newborn kimono t-shirts
- 6 size 0-3m sleepers
- 4 size 3m sleepers
- 9 size 3-6m sleepers
- 5 size 6m sleepers
- 1 size 9m sleeper
- 1 size 12m sleeper
- 1 size 18m sleeper
- 4 size 0-3m onesies
- 9 size 3-6m onesies
- 6 pair size 3-6m pants
- 2 size 12m rompers
- 1 pair size 12m jeans
- 1 size 3m casual outfit
- 1 size 12m dress outfit
- 1 size 12m casual outfit
- 1 sleep sack
- 11 bibs
- 3 towels
- 13 washcloths
- 1 pair baby sunglasses
- 100 diapers
- 3078 baby wipes (we picked up some more free samples)
- 5 fun toys
- 16 books
- 3 bottles
- various shampoos and baby washes and lotions, thanks to our friends who still have access to the Johnson & Johnson company store. :)
Anyway, I am officially no longer keeping track after this post. He has too much stuff to count! BBC is one lucky baby.
In other news, BBC finally has a dresser/changing table for his nursery. Dennis was (again) the master assembler. I put on the drawer handles. I'm invaluable like that. I don't know what he'd do without me. There are still some big and some small things I'd like to do in there (curtains, decorative painting, eventually an area rug), but I'm feeling much better now that all of the furniture is present and accounted for.
No comments:
Post a Comment