Dennis's other Dad tricks include:
Teaching counting:
"One!" (pokes belly one time)
"Two!" (pokes belly two times)
"Threeeeee!" (pokes belly 3 times. Waits for response.)
Waking BBC:
Basically, ortof shaking my belly back and forth while saying "babybabybabybabybabybabybaby." Repeat 2-3 times. (Note: BBC doesn't really often respond to this. But I'm curious to see what his reaction will be to a similar greeting on the outside.)
Singing songs with made-up lyrics:
To the tune of "Miss New Booty"
I've Found You
Baby Cooley
Grow All Big In There
Then Come On Out To Me
(There is a 2nd verse, but I can't remember all of the words right now. I'll update if/when I remember.)
And, to the tune of "Davy Crockett"
Babyyyyyyy
Baaaby Cooley
King of the yoo-ter-us
Reading stories:We have one of the "Six by Seuss" books. We're probably only averaging 2-3 nights/week of reading, but we're already learning the words to "And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street." We have a few other books, too, but that one sees the most use (so far).
Of course, this is on top of things like making sure I eat enough, drink enough water, take my prenatal vitamins, and get enough rest. Plus busting his butt to get the house and yard ready in time for BBC's arrival. He's not as concerned about the rest as I am - probably, he's the one with his priorities in the right place. (Of course, he pointed out that, if necessary, we could get everything we need with one trip to Target. Which is true.)
Anyway, he is awesome, and I wanted as much recorded for all time. (I'll take some credit for picking the such a great baby daddy.)
2 comments:
You guys are going to be such awesome parents. Now to see how long it takes someone on the knot starts posting your song about king of the uterus! :-)
Dennis is awesome! Yay for Baaabby Baaaby Cooley, King of the You-ter-us!
Post a Comment